Our school library provides information, inculcates ideas, and develops knowledge that is so essential to functioning successfully in today's information and knowledge based society. Our library is well equipped for students with life-long learning skills and develop in them creative thinking and imagination, and enabling them to live as ideal and responsible citizens.
Our library is the hub of all the activities planned and executed in school. It can be used by students to prepare for their next class period, home examination, general education, information, competitions, recreation and inspiration. To cater to the wide varieties of demands of students and teachers, we have a well-qualified team of library staff who judiciously select and procure the prescribed/recommended text-books and other reading material from different sources, technically process it by making use of a standard scheme of classification, catalogue it to provide various access points, organise the collection on scientific lines, circulate the documents and disseminate the information in the manner most liked by the students and teachers. In addition, our school library serves as a resource centre as well.
Rules & Regulations
- Books will be issued to the students of Classes III to XII.
- Each student of classes III to XII will be issued one book at a time for a period of one week.
- No books will be further issued unless pending items are returned.
- Strict silence must be maintained in the library.
- Reference books are not issued. These books can be consulted within the library premises only.
- Books marked, disfigured or damaged will have to be replaced by the borrower or a payment of 50% in excess of the cost price of the book is to be made.
- Any student found damaging or defacing a book will be debarred from the library for the whole academic year.
- The library has an open excess system, and the students must help to maintain the order and organization for the collection in different shelves. They must place the books in the shelves strictly according to the subjects, after consultation.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books or belongings to the library.
- We strongly advise parents to encourage their children to read books.